Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Flat Earth

I "MAPS, Nine Digits" Hayward was asked to meet him wat had the money and him wats building the boat and using/taking the money, in a shed, a mile or two beyond the back of beyond in deepest darkest Wales. In fact, for all those who are members of the "Flat Earth Society" I am sure I have just visited one of the corners of said Flat Earth!!!

Having visited the shed in this wind swept part of the world I can confirm at least that said Noah's Ark MKII does actually exist........but here's the thing..... I am not sure how!!!

I was invited to visit the shed and see the boat to talk about all things nautical and maybe give some input on decisions regarding positioning of various bits of kit. Correct me if I am wrong but to give "input" requires being able to get at least a word in edge ways. Well, standing between an Irishman & a Welshman what chance was there of that??!!!!

Not getting said "word in edgeways" did not bother me one single jot but what was so amazing was that there before me was a nearly completed boat that must have required a certain amount of communication between said Irishman and Welshman. What I witnessed was two people talking but neither listening .......and to think they have only been married 3 months!! To be fair though I really should reserve judgement as it might not have been that no one was listening but merely a language barrier which makes the building of ARK MkII even more impressive!!!

Inspite of the monumental blagarding going on between boatbuilder and client I can report that Wolf has been born and should be floating mid April........I am not sure which way up and I don't think the Welshman is sure either but Wolf will be floating.

The only remaining thing that does worry me though is that the sea trials are going to be periliously close to the edge of the world and I for one don't want to be going and falling off before this epic race even starts!!!

signing off

yours truely

Maps, Nine digits

No comments: